Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Anyone have paranormal / spiritual experiences?

  1. #1
    Spoofee.com! Spoofee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    84,829
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,201 Posts

    Anyone have paranormal / spiritual experiences?

    Watching a documentary on Exorcism on A&E right now.

    I'm a bit skeptical on exorcism, but I've had two strange experiences myself.

    - Ouija Board - did it with a friend in highschool and it worked. The thing moved by itself very smoothly. My friend thought I was moving it so he asked what the first letter of his uncle(which passed away around that time)'s first name was. It swirled around, stopped, and got it right. It was very very creepy. Never touched an Ouija board after that.

    - Maybe about 10 years ago. I woke up to someone pushing down on me. I can open my eyes and look around, but I can't speak or move at all. Ofcoarse there's no one there. Happened several nights, but my friend told me that it happens when your body is awake but body is asleep??

    Anyways, I was interested to know if anyone else had any strange ghost/spiritual experiences.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

  2. #2
    L9 Corporal jubjub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofee

    - Maybe about 10 years ago. I woke up to someone pushing down on me. I can open my eyes and look around, but I can't speak or move at all. Ofcoarse there's no one there. Happened several nights, but my friend told me that it happens when your body is awake but body is asleep??

    Anyways, I was interested to know if anyone else had any strange ghost/spiritual experiences.
    check out astralpulse.com its a forum where people discuss out of body experiences and astral projection. though some may claim its a spiritual phenomenon, i believe like all religious/spiritual experiences it too resides in the brain and that phenomenon is due to a peculiar neurochemical glitch.

    also look up
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_Paralysis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experiences
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

    hope that helps!

  3. #3
    L9 Corporal Jersey Mook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I only had one experience:

    My Mom passed away on Valentines Day 13 years ago. It was about 2 months after she died and I had taken over all her paperwork duties for my Dad who was a doctor. This entailed sitting at her desk in the waiting room and answering the phone, prepping the patients for their appointments and submitting insurance forms. I did this part time in the evenings after my "day job". Mom was very resistant to change - preferring to do things the same way she always had because it "worked just fine"
    One of the first things I did was to trash her paper system and move a computer onto her desk - knowing all the time she would be furious over the new-fangled thing on HER desk.
    I had some pretty awful nightmares about it too! Guilt maybe?
    On a Friday I transmitted my claims to Medicare and updated some files and shut down trhe computer. No problems - no error messages - no funny smells or anything. Clean shut down. Saturday would have been Mom's birthday and I had the worst dream of all about the computer and Mom's anger over it.
    Monday I went into work and the comnputer was totally dead - (brand new computer) hard drive gone. The techie came and had no answer for why it happened - it was still under the 90 day service warranty. No fixing it either - he had to replace it.
    Now you cannot tell me that Mom didn't somehow come back and "get" the metal beast that took over her space! I KNOW she did.
    I never had any of the dreams again and nothing ever happened to the computer again.
    Yes - I believe in spirits! (you go Mom!)

  4. #4
    L11 Sergeant 4connor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, here goes,
    I was about 10 or 11 and not really into fishing with the family. So of course being the last of eight, I was never heard. I was tired of it one Saturday morning and asked to go to the small store to get hmmmm, I have no idea whay I asked for now,anyway, I was almost there when I saw my uncles dog wandering down the street. I called him and he came running over. I told him to go home so I could follow him and maybe see my aunt and uncle who my father never talked to anymore. It worked, two blocks away my uncle was sitting there on his front steps smoking away. We talked for hours, laughed, joked, when I realized what time it was, I ran back to our fishing site scared I would get beaten for not returning right away. The bastards never even knew I had left or missed me. I tell my dad I just spoke to Uncle Tom and that he lives right over the hill and thats when the beating started. I was informed after I stopped crying that Uncle Tom died last year.
    Thats the truth.
    I will die believing that I talked to my dead uncle for over 3 hours that morning.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    L9 Corporal jubjub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4connor
    Okay, here goes,
    I was about 10 or 11 and not really into fishing with the family. So of course being the last of eight, I was never heard. I was tired of it one Saturday morning and asked to go to the small store to get hmmmm, I have no idea whay I asked for now,anyway, I was almost there when I saw my uncles dog wandering down the street. I called him and he came running over. I told him to go home so I could follow him and maybe see my aunt and uncle who my father never talked to anymore. It worked, two blocks away my uncle was sitting there on his front steps smoking away. We talked for hours, laughed, joked, when I realized what time it was, I ran back to our fishing site scared I would get beaten for not returning right away. The bastards never even knew I had left or missed me. I tell my dad I just spoke to Uncle Tom and that he lives right over the hill and thats when the beating started. I was informed after I stopped crying that Uncle Tom died last year.
    Thats the truth.
    I will die believing that I talked to my dead uncle for over 3 hours that morning.
    Thanks
    that was an awesome experinece!
    did you by chance zone out or have a black out during that time

  6. #6
    L11 Sergeant 4connor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jubjub
    that was an awesome experinece!
    did you by chance zone out or have a black out during that time
    Nope, I was just a kid going to the store. I remember it as like it was yesterday. It happened over twenty years ago, as I said, I will never forget it.

  7. #7
    L13 Sergeant Apocalypse716's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the best normal explanation i have is that maybe the person looked a lot like your grandfather, and he had alzheimers and couldnt remember what on earth he was doing. But still, i doubt you mistaked the person, and thats a cool experince...in a way

  8. #8
    excessive use of poop-mod Scoopons's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,304
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 59 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4connor
    Nope, I was just a kid going to the store. I remember it as like it was yesterday. It happened over twenty years ago, as I said, I will never forget it.
    wow...... I seriously dont know what to say.. that is crazy..

  9. #9
    L0 N00b jackfate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used to be very skeptical and even now critically try to analyze things since I am scientist by profession. There have been a few incidents in my life which I can't explain by any means. One stands out clearly and happened when I was about 19 year old. My 13yr old cousin had recently died and I was visiting her house. Her parents told me that they hear repeated knocking on the doors and I should not be afraid if hear something. I thought to myself, yeah right as if energy required to make knocking sound can be created out of nowhere (one of the basic laws of physics). Well I was sitting in the living room and watching TV. It was 8 PM in the night and my uncle and aunt were in the kitchen which was quite far from the living room. I heard a distinct knocking sound on the front door and I immediately ran out to see who it was, only to find no one outside. Now, the time I took to ran out to see was so short that it was not physically possible for anyone to go away from the door. I was not scared and went calmly to my aunt and told her about it. She said casually, yeah I told you. Just don't be scared. This is the only clear cut incident for which I have no explanation. I think we don't know much about these things to really say it exists or not. Some real scientific research is required to really explain these things.

  10. #10
    L9 Corporal Jersey Mook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think my cats are psychic - they suddenly stare at walls intently as if there is something or someone there. Maybe there is!! (but I can't see it!)

  11. #11
    L13 Sergeant He3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    340
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfate
    Some real scientific research is required to really explain these things.
    I used to be skeptical with 'slain by the Spirit' I saw on some Christian channels, and thought they're all pretending, until I experienced it, I was prayed over, then I fell hard on the ground, nobody pushed me. I can't explain it, but I know it happened to me and my life has never been the same...

    If you go overseas, Asia in particular, you will find a lot of things that can't be explained especially if you go to remote areas from cities. Unless you experience it yourself, you wouldn't know...

  12. #12
    I am Gonta! MrGonta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mook
    I think my cats are psychic - they suddenly stare at walls intently as if there is something or someone there. Maybe there is!! (but I can't see it!)
    I heard / read that animals can sense or see things we can't. It is creepy when cats just stare and seem to follow something in the room when there is nothing there.

  13. #13
    I am Gonta! MrGonta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He3x
    I used to be skeptical with 'slain by the Spirit' I saw on some Christian channels, and thought they're all pretending, until I experienced it, I was prayed over, then I fell hard on the ground, nobody pushed me. I can't explain it, but I know it happened to me and my life has never been the same...

    If you go overseas, Asia in particular, you will find a lot of things that can't be explained especially if you go to remote areas from cities. Unless you experience it yourself, you wouldn't know...
    Wow having a member that actually experienced what we see on TV makes a difference to me. I'm a believer now.

    Before what I see on TV.. I thought they would make up stories to make the show interesting. Thanks Heex

Similar Threads

  1. Free xbox360 Pinball FX2 Paranormal Table
    By glitterdog in forum Freebies and Giveaways
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 12:49 AM
  2. Acupuncture Experiences
    By sun22beam in forum Off Topic Discussion & General Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 07:09 AM
  3. Free Add Your Name to the Paranormal Activity Credits on DVD and Blu-ray
    By glitterdog in forum Freebies and Giveaways
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 10:02 AM
  4. Paranormal Activity - Movie Recommended :)
    By Spoofee in forum Off Topic Discussion & General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 12:30 PM
  5. Rebates Experiences
    By vvhiz in forum Buyers Beware / Rebate Issues / Tips / Reference
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS Feed Facebook Twitter
Spoofee-Footer
Submit Deals
Have a good deal or coupon? Want to share with our members? Please post it on our forums Check weekly ads.

If it's a hot deal, we will post it on the front page with your name on it!
Follow Us
New Deals
Hot Deals Only (4.5+ stars)
New Coupons
Facebook Fanpage