Thread: Lite-On 52x32x52 Internal CD-RW Drive--$20 after $50 MIR's

Thanks

Lite-On 52x32x52 Internal CD-RW Drive--$20 after $50 MIR's

Circuitcity.com
    Brand/Model: LIN LTR52327

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...&catoid=-10262

$30 MIR found here
    http://www.circuitcity.com/cs_conten...=g&incat=85339

$20 MIR found here (Copy of UPC and Receipt needed)
    http://www.circuitcity.com/cs_conten...=g&incat=85338

Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,201 Posts
    This is a good deal, this PMing might be worth trying too.

-----------------
    Circuit City has the Lite-On 52x32x52 Internal CD-RW Drive for $19.99 after rebate. This deal may or may not work depending on how picky your manager is.

1. Print Bestbuy's page (Lite-On is $59.99 Before Rebates)
    2. Order 1 for express pickup at local Circuit City ($69.99)
    3. Go to your local Circuit City and show them Bestbuy's page and explain that they have the same unit for $59.99 before any rebates. (Pricematch : -$11.00)
    4. If all goes well, come home and print out your rebates.
    ( Rebate1 Price : -$30.00 )
    ( Rebate2 Price : -$20.00 )
    Final Price : $8.99
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks

how good ?

How good are Lite-ons ? Do they make good products ?

Thanks
    I personally think that Lite-On CD burners are the best. A lot of people agree with me. I have tried many other burners and nothing seems to compare to the speed and reliability of a Lite-On burner. This is not a rebadged drive, Lite-On actually makes the drive. This is the best CD burner you can buy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,201 Posts
    I use to think Lite-Ons are one of the cheap/unknown solutions, but I agree with Erik. Lite-Ons have very good reputations.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    LiteOns are the best. As a tech for a local store, I swear by them.

Thanks
    i have to agree lite-ons are one of the best out there...but plextor is the best in my mind! but for the best...you will pay top dollar

Thanks
    worked for me in Brandon Fl. Had to get the manager. The
    BestBuy and Circuitc city has different model numbers (one has
    an S and one does not) Anyway, he approved it since he said he knew they were the same.
    snappy

Thanks

The Best?

Last month, I got this same deal at BB for $19 instead of $9. First, I feel robbed... :p Nah, it's a cheap deal...

As for the best... I'll note first, I don't work for, own stock in, or market any of these items...

Plextor: "Used" to be the Best... Until they sold out and went IDE.. I'm not saying that because I'm bitter, it's just true, and I am.. :p When they made SCSI products, everything was metal and down right the toughest guy on the block. When they sold out and went IDE, Plastic became an item that was used more.. Rugged? I doubt it... Cheaper? Sure... What are you really paying for? "It's a Plextor".. A reputation they gained by being a SCSI only hardware maker... What are they now? Nothing more then a glorified name on a typical product...

LiteOn: Excellent product for the money... They're still fairly new and not too well known yet I don't believe. Quite a bit of flux between products tho imo, quality wise.. Firmware updates aren't too bad, but I get tired of seeing "Matched More Media" as the only description for the updates.. :rolleyes: There's damn few brands that I'd even consider looking at when the pricetag is $20 or less.. Like that $5 jobber on BF.. Anyone have one that 'still' works? :D

Then there's the old brands like Yamaha and Teac... What ever happened to Yamaha? Teac is still sneaking around once in awhile. Panasonic, another good company nowhere to be found lately.

These days, the choices are limited when you want quality.. For DVD Stuff, I have but one company, Pioneer... Consider who started the whole thing.. :D CDRW, well, for the money, LiteOn.. If you spot a Teac, Panasonic or even Mitsumi, grab one.. Great oldshool brands...

Stay away from HP & Philips!

Sorry for the long read..

-CK

to sum up what i have: 3 Plextors (SCSI), 3 LiteOns, 2 Pioneers, 2 Samsungs

Thanks
    Whatever happened to yamaha?

Author: Ian

YAMAHA DISCONTINUES CD-RW RECORDER PRODUCT LINE

BUENA PARK, CA- Citing uncharacteristically rapid price erosions, continuing market difficulties, and the highly volatile competitive environment, Yamaha Electronics Corporation stated today that the company is discontinuing its sales and marketing of computer-based CD-RW Recorders.

Yamaha will continue to market its other Multimedia offerings, including computer speakers, computer receivers, headphones, and CD-R/RW media, and provide CD-RW drives for music and audio applications.

Technical support and warranty service for all Yamaha CD Recorders will continue uninterrupted for the full warranty period.

For product and sales information, contact Yamaha Electronics Corporation, Multimedia Products Division, 6660 Orangethorpe Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620; www.yamahamultimedia.com; telephone (714) 522-9011.

-END-

Yamaha Electronics Corporation (YEC), USA, based in Buena Park, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yamaha. YEC offers Home Theater components and systems, featuring A/V Receivers, Amplifiers, DVD/CD, Speakers, Mini-Systems, Video Projection, as well as A/V & IT Convergence Products including CD-R/W Media, Computer Receivers, Computer Speakers and Headphones.

Author: Yamaha

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all my friends at CDRLabs,

I would like to take this time to recognize the efforts that you have put forth in creating CDRLabs. The time and dedication you put into your website is truly amazing, and Yamaha Electronics extends its thanks for all of your support over the years. Your honest and objective style is truly a credit to your publication.

As you are well aware, Yamaha Electronics was the first manufacturer to launch a 1X CD Recorder. Since that time, we have continued our dedication to the CD-R/RW market. Yamaha was the first to reach many important milestones, including 2X, 4X, and 16X Recording as well as 8X and 24X ReWrite. Yamaha CD Recorders were also the first to introduce technologies such as Mt. Rainier, Audio Master, and the widely acclaimed [email protected]

Following on the success of our latest CD Recorder, the CRW-F1 with its exclusive [email protected] features, Yamaha will be exiting the Optical Storage market. Yamaha will continue to market itís other Multimedia offerings, including speakers, headphones, and CD-R/RW media. We will also continue to provide technical support and warranty service for CD Recorders for the full warranty period.

Finally, let me thank you the support you and your readers have given us over the years. Without all of you, our products could not have been as wildly successful as they are.

Sincerely,
    Yamaha Electronics Corp.

Thanks

my first

my first burner was a yamaha.. ahh the good ole days !! when you could take 2 pieces of chit and make 1 good piece out of it.

Thanks

???

Ok I went in today to get this deal after printing out a page from Best Buy across the street frome them saying in stock and available for instore pick up.

Grabbed the box took it to the customer service desk and asked for thje price adjustment and he looked closely at it and said that he could match the price but that he couldnt give me all the rebates.... that if he did that he was only gonna give me a partial rebate....I was thinkin in my head if he did that I wouldnt save anything... but whats to keep me from printing the rebate myself off the net at home...so I agree; Then he rings me up for 63.12 and prints out and hands me 2 rebates one for 30.00 and one for 20.00. I take the rebates and walk out.

Im confused now... he gave me both rebates after saying he wasnt going to.... Is there any possible way he could of changed something in the computer where I will only get a partial rebate back?

Or is this guy jus dumb?
    Im open to any opinions or suggestions

PS. Jus reading the rebates closely and all I saw was: "* Please circle the qualified items and purchase
    prices on your Circuit City sales receipt or confirmation email."
    Could that possibly change the ammount of the rebate I will recieve?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by GTP2K1; 12-16-2003 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

Angry did not price match

went there tonight, brought the copy of best buy ad, they said they could not price match because i'm getting $50 rebate vs. best buys $40 rebate. oh well, at $20 + tax for the cdrw, its still a good price!

Thanks

ttt

TTT