Thread: Compaq Presario Notebook $650

Thanks

Compaq Presario Notebook $650

Best Buy has a Compaq Presario notebook for only $650 after rebates.

Best Buy

Larry

Thanks
    How good is Best Buy at honoring rebates?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foldedspace
    How good is Best Buy at honoring rebates?
    they're quite fast on their rebates
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?

Thanks
    I bought one of these a couple weeks ago, and I can say that after rebates this thing is probably a great deal...for anybody who needs a very basic laptop, and doesnt intend it to operate or function decently performance wise with 4 or 5+ programs running (multitasking). I can assume that after a ram upgrade performance would help a little, video is shared, cd burner was average, display was nice, battery life 2 - 2 1/2 hours typical for an intel.

However major things that irk'd me were the powersupply cord falling out very easily, if the laptop was just sitting on my lap (hence the term laptop) and I was typing over 10-15 minutes if it's plugged in the cord would just fall out. Also the keyboard was horrible for me, im a very fast type 80 wpm approx, and I kept missing keys, not actually missing them, just not hitting them the right way (at an angle sometimes) and I'd have to constantly backspace and retype sentances. This would have been fine for just typical ocassionaly but typing large documents forget it.

All in all this is a great deal, I dont know where you can get a laptop for $650, other then with this deal...as long as performance, stability and reliability aren't your key factors in purchasing a laptop i'd so go for it.

I had to order it online through bb.com, after a week or so I decided to return it and order an emachine - amd - 64 bit 3000+ laptop...now I'm no fan of emachine either but they're the first with the 64 bit processor that I know of, and hey i've already been through compaq/hp hell, trust me it doesnt get much worse :-P.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toddc79
    All in all this is a great deal, I dont know where you can get a laptop for $650, other then with this deal.
    Check out the Dell Outlet for refurbs, many people lately have been able to get Inspirons for anywhere from $525 to $600 on a regular basis. That is if you don't mind refurbs.