Thread: Stock talk - unofficial

Thanks

Stock talk - unofficial

Are you into stocks & ETF if so, which stock do you think is going to go up or down and why.

Fineprint - I am not a financial person and I don't know squat about the stock market.

GLD seems to be a safe bet. This 1 trillion is going to create some huge inflation and normally Gold seems to be inflation proof. GLD fund has second biggest Gold accumulation, first spot goes to Japanese Govt.

Chances of GLD loosing its value is when the economy is back on track, in that case all other stocks in your portfolio may go up and may negate the losses in GLD.

GLD was in $80's per share, all this stimulus and economic fallout driven the price over $92/share.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
    The stock market is going down a whole lot more before it goes back up again, IMHO.

Gold is fine if you have a safe place to store it. My brother has a safe embedded in concrete in his house for his gold and other investments.

BTW: These opinions are my own and not reflective in any way shape or form of expert advise. Remember... I was a band director before I was a stay at home mom so what do I know. BTW: I can't do stocks or anything like that as a personal investment anyway because my husband works in back office trading- he doesn't trade, but he does the programming that processes other people's trades. He had to sign to obey "rules" about when and what we're allowed to do with stock trading; so basically we don't do it because it's such a hassle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger_too_wooh View Post
    The stock market is going down a whole lot more before it goes back up again, IMHO.

Gold is fine if you have a safe place to store it. My brother has a safe embedded in concrete in his house for his gold and other investments.

BTW: These opinions are my own and not reflective in any way shape or form of expert advise. Remember... I was a band director before I was a stay at home mom so what do I know. BTW: I can't do stocks or anything like that as a personal investment anyway because my husband works in back office trading- he doesn't trade, but he does the programming that processes other people's trades. He had to sign to obey "rules" about when and what we're allowed to do with stock trading; so basically we don't do it because it's such a hassle.
    You don't have to physically keep it, if you do - you might be risking your life.

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger_too_wooh View Post

Where does he live?

Dan, diGriz, Gr8 - gather the crew.....ROAD TRIP!!!!
    Dr. Preco, I hold a license to practice on Uranus.

Anyone seen my pen?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,178 Posts
    What might be better than GLD is SLV.

Gold is somewhat in a bubble and people always fear what happened in 1933 (gold confiscation). You are probably safe with GLD, but SLV may have more potential for growth.

Also I always hear to hold physical gold, but I wouldn't feel comfortable having a block of gold under my pillow.

Stock wise, I would stay out. There's really no good news on the horizon and people like me that held on until now are waiting for any sort of bounce to get out before it gets worse.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofee View Post
    Also I always hear to hold physical gold, but I wouldn't feel comfortable having a block of gold under my pillow.
    It might not make for the most sofest pillow, but I could get comfortable.... Matter of fact....the more gold blocks under my pillow, the better I will sleep.
    Dr. Preco, I hold a license to practice on Uranus.

Anyone seen my pen?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by precocious View Post
    It might not make for the most sofest pillow, but I could get comfortable.... Matter of fact....the more gold blocks under my pillow, the better I will sleep.
    Isn't that the truth

Thanks

Oil Stock

I have found a good looking oil company called Miller petroleum. The symbol is Mill. They recently cherry-picked a bankrupt company's best properties in Alaska for a fraction of the true worth. The company will also be getting tax credits from the state of Alaska. Do your own research but it looks good to me. The stock has just recently started trading on the Nasdaq and is currently trading around $5 per share. With the events in the gulf of Mexico happening I think there will be more restrictions on oceanic off shore drilling which may shorten oil supply and companys like this one could benefit.
    Turtlerunner :D

Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,178 Posts
    To keep ourself on topic. If you are betting on oil, there is an ETF called USO.

If you want to be more aggressive, you can buy UCO or SCO (if you are betting oil prices will go down). I highly recommend sticking to buying/shorting USO. UCO/SCO has been on the top gained or top lossed stocks many times, it's only good for gamblers that don't mind gaining 5% one day, lose 10% another, etc.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com