Thread: Please help on low rate on rent a car

Thanks

Please help on low rate on rent a car

Ok I have never rented a car before. I need a van for 6 people. I am going to see my sister after 6 years of not seeing her I am so excited. I have been trying to find a good deal. I am looking at getting a vehicle for next weekend for 24th 25th and 26th. I am also going to be traveling about 730 miles round trip. If anyone has a code for a coupon or knows of a good rental place please let me know. Thanks for your help. Pm me if you need more info

Thanks
    Compare prices at the regular travel sites...travelocity, expedia, orbitz and then check hotwire. I've got really great deals from them. You don't know the company before you buy, but who cares? I recently got a minivan in FL for like $175 p/week.
    "Make sure you put on clean underwear"!

Thanks
    Thanks I did not know you could do that with cars I knew you could do that with airlines thanks

proud grandma of parker smidge1's Avatar
    Thanks
    dollar rent a car is usually pretty good with prices. good lick.

Thanks
    Once you find the lowest (a weekly will probably be your best deal) Google for coupons. You may find some to make it even cheaper. I did this once for a car in Las Vegas and the rental company said they never saw anyone with as low a deal as I had. Also, don't back off from trying Hertz or Avis.
    Avis sometimes has the best deals on vans (which can be hard to find) and you can get immediate discounts from Hertz if you use American Express plus American Express covers basic insurance and (as with me who no longer owns a car or has any insurance) will become the primary insurer. I also just learned that my American Express Gold Card automatically acts like AAA for any vehicle I drive, owned or rented. Good luck on hunting the best deal.

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
    Once you find the lowest (a weekly will probably be your best deal) Google for coupons. You may find some to make it even cheaper. I did this once for a car in Las Vegas and the rental company said they never saw anyone with as low a deal as I had. Also, don't back off from trying Hertz or Avis.
    Avis sometimes has the best deals on vans (which can be hard to find) and you can get immediate discounts from Hertz if you use American Express plus American Express covers basic insurance and (as with me who no longer owns a car or has any insurance) will become the primary insurer. I also just learned that my American Express Gold Card automatically acts like AAA for any vehicle I drive, owned or rented. Good luck on hunting the best deal.
    Great advice Jerry....you can also play them against each other....say avis gives you the best rate but hertz is closer......once you get your best rate, call the closer one and see if they will price match....Good luck!
    Dr. Preco, I hold a license to practice on Uranus.

Anyone seen my pen?

Thanks
    Thanks for all the help. I knew I could count on yall

Thanks
    One more thing, if the rental place has a location that is not at the airport, you'll save money on the 'airport convenience fee' (or some such name) that's added on like a tax.
    That which does not kill me has made a tactical error.
    Who is John Galt? Obama's worst nightmare.

Thanks
    Nothing a little bourbon and soda wouldn't fix.

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diGriz View Post
    Wow....they have 3 things to do in Arkansas.....

Things to do in Arkansas

Hot Springs National Park - Home to Bathhouse Row; a collection of bat houses from the warm springs of Arkansas. Admire the marble partitions, the stained glass ceilings, and the marble and stained glass in the lobby of the first floor. Relax in a warm bath and let your worries drift away. Massages and short videos also available. There are hiking trails through the park or drive the scenic mountain roads. Have a picnic or even camping at Gulpha Gorge Campground is offered.

Horse Racing - Oaklawn Thoroughbred Racing in Hot Springs offers daily races to enjoy. Enjoy dinning at a variety of restaurants on property as well. Dog, Car and bike races also take place for your entertainment.

River Market District - Little Rock's version of Beale St in Memphis is the hottest place to be during the day and at night. Lots of dinning and shopping available here. From coffee houses, Bar-B-Q, Pizza, to Sonny Williams Steak Room and more await you in the River Market District. When the sun goes down you can dance the night away in one of many clubs and dance halls. Love Rock n roll? you can find it here and more, from karaoke, piano bars and many other genre music, enjoy the night as you listen to the sounds of your favorite music.
    Okay....now I'm confused...is it Bathhouse row or Bathouse row? Big difference...one involves historically gay activites and the other rodent (of the airborne kind) activities..............well, it does kind of 'overlap'.....
    Dr. Preco, I hold a license to practice on Uranus.

Anyone seen my pen?

Thanks
    Ask your car insurance comp. to drop your deductible to 0. Then use it when you rent a car. When you bring it back, just return your car insurance to what it was before. Costs probably a couple dollars a day. Be sure your credit card has car insurance for rental cars.

Travelzoo.com has all sorts of deals.