DollarSavingsDirect or DSD is now paying 3.0% for a savings account. This was 2% just until yesterday and this is the highest savings rate we can find. FDIC insured so you are safe up to $250,000.
Since each of EmigrantDirect, DollarSavingsDirect and MySavingsDirect is an online banking division of Emigrant Bank, any deposits you have at Emigrant Bank, EmigrantDirect, DollarSavingsDirect or MySavingsDirect are aggregated and FDIC insured up to $250,000 per depositor. Keep in mind that individual and joint accounts are insured separately, so if you have both types of accounts, your total deposits can be insured up to $500,000; that's up to $250,000 in all of your individual accounts, and up to an additional $250,000 in all of your joint accounts.Step 1Go to DollarSavingsDirectStep 2
Open an accountStep 3
You can only deposit from a verified checking account or by mailing a checkSome notes on withdrawl
All FAQ HereDeal Screenshot
- No ACH withdrawals initiated by another bank. External ACH deposits are allowed (CSR).
- Maximum of 2 linked accounts which includes the initial funding account (Q&A).
- Linked accounts can only be personal checking accounts (Q&A).
- No sooner than 60 days after the establishment of your DSD savings account, a second external account can be added (Q&A).
- Establishing second linked account requires mailing in a voided check and form (Q&A).
- Maximum amount that can be transferred via ACH (in/out) is $500,000 (CSR).